Experienced Account Director
Faction Media, a Denver-based LoDo advertising agency, is positioned for rapid growth. We have an immediate need for an intelligent, highly collaborative and strategic Account Director who knows how to grow and build strong relationships. The Account Director will understand how to manage, mentor, inspire and direct a team.
The successful candidate must have sound understanding of digital and traditional marketing strategy and be financially responsible with strong business development skills. At a tactical level, the candidate must know how to successfully plan and direct the execution of multiple campaigns within an account. Excellent communication (oral and written) as well as presentation skills is a must. This position Reports to Director of Account Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES ::
- Strategic guidance & marketing leadership
- Work with our clients to uncover their business needs and objectives, developing appropriate short and long-term strategies and programs to achieve their goals.
- Lead internal teams and partners in the assessment, definition and development of innovative marketing strategies and tactics to address the business goal of our clients.
- Responsible for the overall planning, leadership, and direction of marketing efforts for assigned account.
- Work in conjunction with clients and internal teams to ensure all client campaigns, reports and projects are functioning appropriately and delivered accurately.
- Review and evaluate the quality of the Agency’s work for all major creative, media and marketing strategies at the critical stages of their development.
- Aggressively optimize our clients’ campaigns leveraging data analysis skills to provide data-driven insights and timely reporting of campaign performance.
- Stay current on marketing trends and technology skills educating clients and account staff on the latest interactive marketing trends.
- Develop a deep understanding of our client’s business, beyond marketing and have a clear understanding of business events and program priorities.
- Effectively present, sell and defend all agency work/proposals to clients.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationship with both clients and internal team members.
- Ensure client relations are positive and stable and that the Director of Account Services is immediately informed of any potential problems with client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Responsible for account revenue, profitability and growth providing accurate and thorough ongoing business projections ensuring timely delivery of client invoices for all services.
- Provide regular account updates to the Director of Account Services on the status of each business, client relationships and specific opportunities or problems.
- Leverage business development experience to seek out new business opportunities to grow revenue within your assigned accounts.
- Evaluate staffing conditions to balance workload and profitability.
- Manage, mentor and inspire Account Supervisors, Sr. Account Mangers and Account Managers, providing guidance in career and skill development.
REQUIRED SKILLS ::
- Understanding of digital and traditional marketing strategy
- Proven inspired leadership skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Statistical analysis experience
- Experience effectively managing and mentoring a team
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
- Demonstrated commitment to client-service
- Ability to work with Managers, Directors, Vice Presidents, and C-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving abilities
- Consistently demonstrate sound judgment and creative thinking
- Ability to profitably manage accounts
- Experience with business development and opportunity identification
- Prior Agency experience a must
- Ability to travel 20 – 40% based on client location
- 9 + years of client management experience
- 9+ years experience in marketing, advertising and/or communications
- Bachelor or Masters degree in marketing, communications, business or technical discipline
- Proven sales or revenue generating experience
- Experience developing comprehensive marketing plans
- Proven experience in managing teams working cross-functionally within an organization
To apply for this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org