Art Director / Conceptual Cosmonaut
Art Director/Conceptual Cosmonaut
You’re a conceptual operative with an art direction and design background, and you’re done with the traditional agency gig. You’re looking for that unheard-of situation where your strong opinion is expected; where your ideas will be made reality every day, and where you’ll help define the genre of communication that’s becoming the most dynamic, talked-about form of engagement: conceptual, culturally-engaged social media.
Who is Edelman Digital?
Edelman Digital is the world’s first and largest global social agency. We leverage the industry’s best talent, combining insight driven business strategy, creative problem solving and flawless execution. This leads to measurable results for our clients and tangible value for their stakeholders.
We focus on the intersection of culture, commerce and media, assisting brands in leveraging digital and social tools to further engage their markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity and preference….and ultimately, revenue. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communication credentials to create integrated and effective communications and experiences for our clients.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are now not “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success.
You’ll concept for print, web, out-of-home pieces, video, and bathroom stalls. Then you’ll erase those media from your mind and apply your ideas to the social space sometimes in two weeks, sometimes in an hour. And:
- You will change the way conceptual thinking, PR, advertising, and digital media play together.
- You’ll work on an incredible lineup of global brands, including Adobe, Activision, Volkswagen, Microsoft and Skype.
- You’ll concept and design with a small group of firebrands who want to work with someone just like you.
- You’ll manage and mentor our amazing design team
- You thrive in chaos
- You can design killer images at the pace of a speeding bullet
- You go online looking for a Twitter war
- You find joy in a well-crafted hashtag"
- You have 6-8 years of creative agency experience
- You are proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- You’ve got an online book with a mix of print, digital and whatever’s awesome
- Experienced managing junior creatives; you don’t need hand-holding
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 67 offices and more than 4,800 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2012 “Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please continue to the following link: