For over two decades, Eco-Products has been providing customers with better choices by producing foodservice packaging and paper products made from renewable resources and post consumer recycled content. All of our products are made with materials that are gentler on the planet, and we continually strive to drive innovation in our field in all areas of sustainability. Our goal is to build a vibrant business on sustainable business practices, serving as an example to others and leading change in our industry and local communities wherever we operate.
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for creating innovative designs for our single use foodservice product lines drawing upon inspiration from both inside and outside of the foodservice industry. This position will play an active role in our design team and an integral role in bringing designs to market.
Reports To: Vice President, Product Strategy and Development
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ideation sketching, 3D modeling, rendering, presentation preparation
• Create and adapt designs to ensure commercialization
• Detailing engineering drawings to ensure precise product manufacturing
• Converting 3D models to 2D technical drawings
• Improve current product functionality by redesigning existing features
• Stay current on all tableware and food packaging trends, both single use and reusable
• Accurately create engineering models, drawings and specifications
• Participate in meetings with customers to understand their product needs and present ideas and prototypes
• Assist with competitor product research and analysis to understand how we can differentiate our product suite
• Maintain / log competitive and supplier product sample library
• Perform other duties as directed
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education
• 3 years of experience in product engineering, industrial design or product design
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in engineering, industrial design, or product design
• Advanced surface and solid body Solidworks 3D modeling skills
• Proficient with engineering measurement tools
• Uses analytical methods for problem solving
• Detail oriented and driven to precise results
• Proficiency with or working knowledge of product rendering software, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experience with the creation of production quality 3D models, drawings, detailing and dimensioning
• Prototyping experience, proof of concept models , foam modeling as well as the use of rapid prototype technology
• Demonstrated success making enhancements in existing product designs that reduce product costs and/or improve product functionality and performance.
• Familiarity with overseas vendor relations, a plus
This is a full time non-exempt position. Some travel will be required.
Location: Boulder, CO
The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
Compensation & Benefits
Eco-Products offers a competitive benefit package to eligible employees. The benefit package includes health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, sick and vacation paid leave, wellness incentive program, paid holidays, 401(k) with Company contribution, and an alternative transportation incentive program.
The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Please email resume and portfolio to email@example.com.