Motion Graphic Designer / Video Editor, Creative Team
As we build a Marketing Organization of the highest caliber, the potential for significant career growth at DISH is real. We are looking to once again transform the industry by bringing big ideas to life that emotionally connect with consumers. Led by James Moorhead, named 2010’s Grand Marketer of the Year by AdWeek, we are a Fortune 200 company with over $400 million in reported marketing spend and are striving to triple our revenue over the next three years and become a powerhouse, Fortune 50 brand. We will do so by continually delivering the industries best TV experience via The Hopper, launching new businesses and building a world-class marketing organization. We work with some of most prestigious partners in the industry, whether it’s Horizon Media NYC, whose founder Bill Koenigsberg was named Executive of the Year by Ad Age in 2012, BFG9000, our creative agency named by Ad Age as a top 10 Agency to Watch in 2012, we are committed to developing a team that will continue to be a disruptive force in the marketplace.
The future is now at DISH – with the recent FCC approval of the DISH Wireless Spectrum, you can be part of the team that changes entertainment forever as DISH enters the wireless business and becomes the only provider that can offer wireless voice, video and data. We invite you to learn more about who we are at dish.com. Join DISH’s energized and agile marketing organization. Read the job description below, and learn what we’re looking for. We look forward to meeting you.
THE AREA: Creative Services
“The Consumer is the Path to Victory” – Joe Clayton, CEO, DISH. Dish is embarking on an ambitious journey to deliver the most compelling TV watching experience by getting our product, the industry leading Hopper DVR, into the households of more and more consumers. To do this, we are expanding the Creative Team with the sole focus of transforming the company from technology to consumer led, establishing a best-in-class internal agency and elevating our advertising from feature focused to big ideas that inspire movements. We are seeking experienced brand builders who have passion for the consumer and advertising to transform our industry leading technology into breakthrough consumer communication.
THE ROLE: Motion Graphic Designer
The Motion Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and creating still and motion graphics while teaming with a variety of producers to create award-winning broadcast materials. This involves all phases of the design process, including concept development, look and feel, animation, graphic design, and some production. A vivid imagination, excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask are a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Supporting broadcast editors with graphic assets and design direction as well as assisting marketing and product design efforts with conceptual proposals and creative execution.
• Revising and versioning pre-produced spots received from our programmers and adapt to DISH branding.
• Light editing as needed especially as it pertains to manipulating graphics.
• Light audio recording and sweetening as it pertains to various projects.
• Supporting the Marketing department with general audio/video needs. Includes running equipment at live events as well as converting and processing audio/video files from one format to another.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful Motion Graphic Designer will have the following:
• Excellent design skills. Expertise in Macintosh computer and software programs including Cinema 4D, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, SoundBooth and Final Cut Pro. Experience with V-Ray, Turbulence, RealFlow, Soundtrack Pro and Logic Pro a plus.
• Ability to generate multiple and distinct compositions while interpreting client’s needs. Ability to develop the look, feel and design for motion projects under the direction of the Creative Director.
• An understanding of brand and marketing objectives and proactively contribute to the evolutions and success of the business.
• Ability to develop layouts and storyboards. Willingness to participate in concept development and design ideation.
• Visual design solutions that address business, brand, and market requirements.
• Ability to install programs, hook up/connect computer, hook up/connect audio/video equipment and troubleshoot computer problems. Good communication skills, both verbal and written in a corporate office environment.
• Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
• Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
• 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee Referral Program
• Training opportunities
• FREE DISH Satellite TV System and Programming
PLEASE PROVIDE LINK OR PORTFOLIO FOR CONSIDERATION
Apply online at https://dish-assessment1-dish.icims.com/jobs/21635/job
DISH Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.