As we build a Marketing Organization of the highest caliber, the potential for significant career growth at DISH is real. We are looking to once again transform the industry by bringing big ideas to life that emotionally connect with consumers. Led by James Moorhead, named 2010’s Grand Marketer of the Year by AdWeek, we are a Fortune 200 company with over $400 million in reported marketing spend and are striving to triple our revenue over the next three years and become a powerhouse, Fortune 50 brand. We will do so by continually delivering the industries best TV experience via The Hopper, launching new businesses and building a world-class marketing organization. We work with some of most prestigious partners in the industry, whether it’s Horizon Media NYC, whose founder Bill Koenigsberg was named Executive of the Year by Ad Age in 2012, BFG9000, our creative agency named by Ad Age as a top 10 Agency to Watch in 2012, we are committed to developing a team that will continue to be a disruptive force in the marketplace.
The future is now at DISH – with the recent FCC approval of the DISH Wireless Spectrum, you can be part of the team that changes entertainment forever as DISH enters the wireless business and becomes the only provider that can offer wireless voice, video and data. We invite you to learn more about who we are at dish.com. Join DISH’s energized and agile marketing organization. Read the job description below, and learn what we’re looking for. We look forward to meeting you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is part of our internal advertising and branding agency at DISH. Our mission is to be a best-in-class agency that delivers a huge competitive advantage for our company. One of the ways we will do this is by attracting, cultivating and nurturing the very best talent. We are looking for highly strategic, extremely motivated and exceptionally creative people to join us on this journey. Individuals who live and breathe our brand. Teammates who are committed to being the keepers, defenders and champions of DISH and are eager to produce ground-breaking, award-winning work that resonates with customers and grows our business.
The Copywriter is responsible for communicating ideas and concepts in a concise, compelling and creative manner, effectively targeting new customers and enticing existing customers to upgrade. The Senior Copywriter will provide messaging for a variety of print and broadcast creative, as requested. This includes, but is not limited to, promotional and branded advertising, brochures, direct mail, point-of-purchase signage, broadcast television and non-broadcast video. The Copywriter must ensure the work fits within the branding strategy and target audiences for a variety of clients.
The opportunities for growth and development are endless and growing rapidly. Your career progression depends entirely on you. You will have the opportunity to create an inspiring career path that builds skills across Digital, Latino, Direct Marketing, Sponsorships, Programmer Marketing, Retention Marketing, Media, Delivery and Customer Marketing. Are you ready to enter the fast moving, innovative entertainment category? Are you excited about changing the way consumer interact with TV, Data and Voice devices and technology? Are you inspired about building brands, big ideas and delighting the consumer? Then join us and start building a career in a world-class marketing organization!
Education and Skills:
• Proven leadership skills, a strategic mindset, a passion for innovation and agile responsiveness.
• A solid understanding of marketing, media and technology. Minimum of 3-5 years of writing experience in a marketing agency or within a corporate advertising/creative department. Telecommunications experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation promote enthusiasm and foster strategic thinking.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word is a must. Strong spelling, grammar, proofreading and communication skills.
• management skills. Awareness/Savvy of cultural trends to make sure the messages you produce are relevant and appropriate.
• A creative, curious nature is key, as well as the ability to think in visual terms.
PLEASE PROVIDE LINK OR PORTFOLIO WITH WRITING SAMPLES FOR CONSIDERATION
• Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
• Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
• 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee Referral Program
• Training opportunities
• FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
• Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
DISH Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at https://dish-assessment1-dish.icims.com/jobs/26867/job