Denver Film Society
Graphic Designer/Web Coordinator
The Denver Film Society is seeking a full-time Graphics & Website Coordinator with proven artistic capabilities and a demonstrated ability to create and develop visual media in print, digital and multi-media formats. This position will play a key role in a fast-paced environment and forward-looking team, dedicated to advancing the Film Society’s work, interests and reputation locally and worldwide. The ideal candidate will be self-directed in areas of design and the adept use of relevant technology, while showcasing an ability to work on a broad range of marketing activities simultaneously.
The successful candidate must be creative and solution-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines as well as with longer term projects. Personal organization and close attention to detail a must. The candidate should have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (graphic design, fine arts, journalism etc.) and intermediate skills using Photoshop and various In-Design applications. Applicant must understand and enjoy designing for both digital and print projects.
This position will spend approximately 80% of their time on graphic design / website content management, and 20% performing various tasks in the marketing department.
• Participate in the creative process from conception to production to delivery
• Ensure adherence to graphic standards and brand identity throughout organization
• Work closely with all DFS programs and major activities
• Responsible for the DFS website development including timely and regular content updates.
• Create effective and timely marketing collateral in support of DFS, programs, services or
communities to include but not be limited to annual reports, brochures, letterhead, signs,
powerpoint presentations and banners, in support of all DFS departments
• Manage advertising traffic
• Bachelors or Associates in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Journalism or a related degree
• 1-3 years experience in graphics and website management
• A self-starter and team player with strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and an energetic style.
• Flexible and responsive to changing market needs �age 2 of 2
• Creative and fresh approach to both production of ideas and production of material, able to receive collaborative feedback
• Track record of balancing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
• Must excel in written and oral communications
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro
• Proficiency with HTML required
• Ability to manage photo archives and web based video editing preferred
• Preferred experience editing video in Final Cut Pro X.
• Preferred experience managing Vimeo and YouTube channels.
• Preferred experience in the nonprofit sector.
• Salary on experience and qualifications
• Benefits: Comprehensive package will be offered
• Status: Full-time
• Start date: ASAP
The Denver Film Society exists for the inclusion of all regardless of race, disability, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected classification. This policy applies to all aspects of the organization including paid and volunteer staff, board membership, general membership, audience members, programs and participants.
• The deadline for applications is April 4th at 5:00pm
• Email the following 3 documents as email attachments to Ryan Oestreich, Director of Sie FilmCenter, at email@example.com:
o Cover letter
o Resume with work experience and professional qualifications
o Examples of graphic design work