Craftsy was designed to provide the best online learning experience possible. Our courses are taught by renowned, expert instructors who take the complex and make it compelling—all in HD-quality streaming video. Craftsy customers can tap into the knowledge of their instructors and other members of our vibrant, passionate communities as they learn, make and share their projects on Craftsy.com.
Craftsy was started in 2010, is backed by leading investors, and has grown to 100+ employees. Our class portfolio and categories are expanding, as are our social and eCommerce efforts. And the good news is that we believe this is just the beginning. Craftsy leadership is strong, and our team is driven and enthusiastic. We aspire to create communities that inspire and educate and expect our workplace to do the same for our employees. We’re based in Denver, Colorado where you can get a start-up experience with all the lifestyle benefits our city has to offer. We have competitive pay and benefits, and a work environment where you’ll be challenged to grow, learn and achieve in a collaborative and fun environment.
Craftsy is seeking an Interactive Designer to join our team! We're looking for an innovative, versatile and dedicated team member who will take the lead on design projects across multiple platforms for new and expanding categories. Craftsy has a unique point of view and aesthetic, and our Interactive Designer will design with our brand and customers in mind in order to reach, capture, and engage our audience of passionate enthusiasts. Problem solving, conceptual thinking and execution in a fast-paced and changing environment are critical to success, along with a positive attitude and commitment to deliver the right creative for the diverse range of projects.
As our Interactive Designer you will:
- Generate fresh and relevant ideas, concepts and designs for a wide spectrum of creative assets
- Deliver beautiful designs that reinforce, support and drive customer engagement and marketing outcomes
- Design and construct seamless Craftsy experiences across multiple platforms (whether HTML emails, email templates, landing pages or to support our courses via print, packaging, and more)
- Strategically flush out creative to online channels (social media, banners, etc.) to achieve the desired impacts
- Incorporate and apply best practices, innovation and creativity to our email design and coding
- Collaborate with members of our marketing and production teams at the speed at which we do business, all while maintaining an eye for quality and commitment to execution
- Test and troubleshoot across email clients or other platforms with enthusiasm and a solution-oriented mindset
- Remain open to and act upon art direction and feedback
Your background and experience should include, but is not necessarily limited to:
- A compelling portfolio that showcases your best high-concept email, display, print (and beyond!) work. We will not consider applications without a linked or attached portfolio.
- 2-4 years proven success working in relevant design content and platforms
- Demonstrated expertise with Adobe CS5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver) and other code editors
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and transforming files from psd to HTML
- Experience in digital photography, specifically color correcting and retouching
- Ability to take direction and effectively execute against multiple simultaneous activities to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience designing responsive desktop, mobile and tablet layouts
- Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced, changing and collaborative environment--especially with a team of creatives!
- Education (e.g. BA in Graphic Arts/Deign or Multimedia Design), certifications, publications, etc. that support your ability to contribute to Craftsy as described
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in your subject line and attach your resume and application requirements for consideration