Sympoz, Inc. (powered by Craftsy.com) is a Denver-based start-up at the intersection of online education, social communities, and e-commerce. We produce HD-quality classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, and more. The Craftsy platform enables passionate crafters around the world to learn from expert instructors anywhere, any time and to easily interact with instructors and classmates as they do. Learn it, make it, and even share it on Craftsy.com, by posting projects for inspiration and feedback or selling in our free-to-list indie patterns marketplace. Just over a year old, with 95 classes and over one million users, Craftsy is already a leader in the social crafting space and there’s so much more to come!
Sympoz, was founded in May 2010 by an experienced executive team from eBay, Yahoo, and ServiceMagic. The leadership is strong, and supports every employee in building and moving the company forward each day. We learn on the fly, and respond quickly to user feedback and ideas. The office is fast-paced and fluid, with the long hours start-ups are known for. But we like to have fun, too: like any good start-up, there are video games, rock concerts, paintball, and bottomless snacks.
A fast-growing internet education start-up is looking for a creative, self-motivated and proven designer to assist in providing creative online solutions in collaboration with our creative team. This is an entry to mid-level position. The successful candidate is versatile, with a demonstrated ability to design on a conceptual level and execute and construct HTML emails. He/she will be passionate and eager to learn in an fast-paced environment.
• Assist with ideation and design of creative assets for Craftsy marketing team, including construction and management of HTML emails and email templates
• Thorough understanding of best practices regarding email design and coding
• Experience transforming files from psd to html code
• Testing and troubleshooting across email clients
• Collaborate with and provide support to the Craftsy Marketing team in the execution
of online marketing deliverables
• Maintain brand standards across multiple platforms
• Digital photography: color correct and retouch photos
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment and can manage your
• 1-3 years experience in digital design
• BA in Graphic Arts/Design or Multimedia Design
• Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
• Strong communication skills, with a predisposition to ask “why?”
• Experience with Adobe CS5 (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver) and other code editors
• Experience and desire to work closely with a team of creatives
• Previous experience with a start up company
• Experience with basic web design
• Experience with CSS and responsive (mobile) layouts
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
• Resume or CV
• Letter of interest clearly addressing the job description and requirements
• Your website or links to work samples
• Contact information for 3 references
Please apply directly on our website: www.sympoz.com/jobs/
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Commuter Benefits, and unlimited vacation/sick time
Hours: This is a full time position working out of our LoHi offices in downtown Denver. Some evenings may be required in order to deliver materials on time.