User Experience (UX) Engineer
Craftsy is looking for a User Experience (UX) Engineer to join our team! We have a unique business and a distinctive approach to UX to go along with it. Our UX Engineers are passionate about creating great customer experiences and have the design and technical skills to help make that happen. We work fast and we work together—results and teamwork are equally important, as is the desire to be part of a company that is changing creative online learning for classes in fine art, photography, sewing and more!
Please note, a link to your online portfolio is a requirement for this position.
As our UX Engineer, you will:
* Write cross-browser compliant HTML/CSS/LESS that is fully responsive across mobile devices
* Create user flow diagrams and wireframes
* Create high fidelity mockups in Photoshop demonstrating a range of complex use cases
* Deliver graceful and creative solutions to complicated design challenges across our platforms
* Communicate and collaborate with product managers to create great user experiences while solving business needs
* Work closely with the engineering team throughout implementation to deliver exceptional outcomes
* UX research and prototype testing. Be a vocal user-advocate for our site! Delighting our users is your primary goal
* Collaborate with the UX team to keep Craftsy brand and style guidelines fresh and clean
Your background and experience should include but is not necessarily limited to:
* Expert ability to code HTML/CSS from scratch without the support of Flash, Dreamweaver, WordPress, or another CMS. You are passionate about writing clean code and are always striving to learn and take your code to a new level
* Expert knowledge of Photoshop and/or Fireworks & Illustrator
* Ability to prioritize and direct own work to meet tight deadlines
* Relevant degrees (e.g. Computer Science, Graphic or Studio Arts, or Design), certifications or a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to contribute to Craftsy as indicated above
* Experience with Java environments and mobile design is a plus
Check out recent Craftsy buzz
Craftsy was designed to provide the best online learning experience possible. Our courses are taught by renowned, expert instructors who take the complex and make it compelling—all in HD-quality streaming video. Craftsy customers can tap into the knowledge of their instructors and other members of our vibrant, passionate communities as they learn, make and share their projects on Craftsy.com.
Craftsy was started in 2010, is backed by leading investors, and has grown to 150+ employees. Our class portfolio and categories are expanding, as are our social and eCommerce efforts. And the good news is that we believe this is just the beginning. Craftsy leadership is strong, and our team is driven and enthusiastic. We aspire to create communities that inspire and educate and expect our workplace to do the same for our employees. We’re based in Denver, Colorado where you can get a start-up experience with all the lifestyle benefits our city has to offer. We have competitive pay and benefits, and a work environment where you’ll be challenged to grow, learn and achieve in a collaborative and fun environment.