Craftsy is looking for an Interactive Designer to join our Marketing team. Our Interactive Designer will take the lead on article and interest pages within our site—optimizing for SEO while reinforcing Craftsy’s unique point of view and aesthetic to reach, capture, and engage our audience of passionate enthusiasts. Our designer will also have the opportunity to step in and work on a variety of other creative projects including banners, mini-sites, email campaigns, and social media graphics. This role requires expertise in visual and graphic design paired with an ability to effectively apply interactive principles using HTML, CSS and other relevant web technologies.
As our Interactive Designer you will:
* Create, update and maintain article and interest pages within the Craftsy site maximizing for SEO outcomes
* Design various interactive marketing collateral including web banners, landing pages, emails and social media graphics
* Assist with Craftsy course creative including photo art direction, class title card design, marketing deliverables and photo retouching
* Design and construct seamless Craftsy experiences across multiple platforms demonstrating an ability and interest in representing and evolving our brand
* Strategically and creatively design with our business outcomes and customers in mind to engage new buyers, increase sales and generate revenue
* Participate in the ideation of innovative and impactful creative that is in line with our brand strategy, continually looking for new approaches to stay fresh and inviting
* Commit to ongoing development of your own and our team’s expertise through ongoing education, troubleshooting and sharing of best practices
* Remain open to and act upon art direction and feedback
Your background and experience should include but is not necessarily limited to:
* A compelling portfolio that showcases your best high-concept work. We will not consider applications without a linked or attached portfolio.
* 2-4 years proven success working in relevant design content and platforms
* Demonstrated expertise with Adobe CS5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver) and other code editors
* Experience with HTML, CSS, and transforming files from psd to HTML
* Experience in digital photography, specifically color correcting and retouching
* Ability to take direction and effectively execute against multiple simultaneous activities to achieve desired outcomes
* Experience designing responsive desktop, mobile and tablet layouts
* Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced, changing and collaborative environment‚ especially with a team of creatives!
* Education (e.g. BA in Graphic Arts/Design or Multimedia Design), certifications, publications, etc. that support your ability to contribute to Craftsy as described