Colorado State University College of Business
Coordinator - College Marketing and Communications
The College of Business (COB) at Colorado State University seeks a Coordinator for College Marketing and Communications. The Coordinator Marketing reports to the Executive Director, Branding and Communications, College of Business and will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the College of Business constituent communication efforts pursuant to the academic mission of the College. This is a year-round administrative professional position with university benefits. For more information, please visit: http://www.biz.colostate.edu/Pages/employment.aspx
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work directly with internal clients to develop and implement communications strategies to promote programs and activities pursuant to the academic mission of the College;
- Create communications plans for academic and program partners;
- Insure oversight and integration of all aspects of constituent communications campaigns and executions (print, broadcast, digital, POS, direct);
- Oversee implementation and assessment of communications effectiveness across all programs, including campus-based and undergraduate academic degree programs, non-credit professional programs, conferences, workshops, and COB Centers;
- Develop and monitor budgets, financial reports and cost analysis of each project/campaign. Implement and maintain internal budgeting procedures and reporting for all COB communication activities. Coordinate and prepare annual budget projections and operating budget for overall COB communication programs;
- From time-to-time may be required to create and implement messaging such as articles, advertisements, social media feeds, blog entries, photography, video
- Serve as the key liaison with other units on campus and with external vendors.
- Supervise and mentor a team of 3-5 student employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism/communications or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in communication, marketing, advertising and/or media relations;
- Ability to use financial and sales tools to analyze financial data to make or recommend marketing decisions, and to allocate financial resources. Experience managing budgets and conducting data analysis;
- Ability to set priorities, take direction and carry out detailed instructions;
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated skill working with people in individual and group settings with the ability to forge equitable partnerships with other professionals and organizations. Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Leadership ability, commitment to excellence, and desire to continuously learn.
- Experience in higher education;
- Familiarity with design and production for all media
- Advertising agency experience in account management
Salary range: $49,000 - $51,000
Please submit application materials to email@example.com subject line “Coordinator – College Marketing and Communications.” A complete application will include a resume with a contact email address, a letter of application relating qualifications specific to this position, and contact information for three professional references. Inquiries and initial applications will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however, for full consideration, the complete application must be received by 5/11/2013. Start date will be negotiated. Candidates selected for further consideration may be asked to provide additional materials in support of their application. Please visit http://www.biz.colostate.edu/Pages/employment.aspx for more information.