The Climate Reality Project
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position on its New Media Team. The Digital Associate will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Digital Associate will be responsible for writing and posting social media content and monitoring various social media outlets and will also assist the New Media team performing miscellaneous research and administrative tasks. Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is to be determined.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Responsibility for supporting Climate Leaders web properties, including public website and portal development, forms and emails;
• Helping with email campaign implementation including creating forms, managing member email lists and creating html emails;
• Writing and publishing social media content;
• Writing and publishing blog posts on website;
• Monitoring Facebook, Twitter, info@ responses and blog comment streams and responding to follower inquiries;
• Performing miscellaneous research and administrative tasks as needed.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Excellent attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
• Excellent research skills and knowledge in climate and energy issues.
• Proficiency with HTML and CSS.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and assignments.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and well as in a team.
• Deep passion and commitment to fighting the climate crisis.
• Flexibility to accommodate irregular and sometimes long work hours.
• Experience with managing a Facebook page and branded Twitter account preferred.
• Familiarity with Blue State Digital or similar CMS preferred.
• Familiarity with Wordpress, Django or similar CMB preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
• Commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Please indicate the title of the position you are responding to in the subject line and send a resume, cover letter and 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org