Senior Search Marketing Manager
Senior Search Engine Marketing Manager
Carbon8 is a fast-growing digital agency headquartered in Denver, CO. Our capabilities include branding, marketing strategy, search marketing, digital advertising, video, website design, online application development, and product marketing services. Our clients range from Fortune 1000 to start-up firms, in a variety of industries.
We are seeking a unique individual to lead our Search Engine Marketing. The Senior Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager will be responsible for planning, optimizing and executing successful organic and paid search marketing campaigns as well as leading and growing the Search Engine Marketing team. This position will be responsible for the high level and granular management of our pay-per-click (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing (SMM) activities.
The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of online marketing, ideally in the B2B space. This role requires attention from a strategic and tactical level, involving all aspects of search marketing including campaign setup and management, content optimization, conversion optimization and web analytics reporting as well as managing and growing the team of search engine marketing experts.
• Lead and grow the search engine marketing team as well as tracking, reporting and analyzing of all SEM initiatives and campaigns.
• Develop SEM strategies, roadmaps and execute day-to-day tactics that increase conversion opportunities.
• Manage the day-to-day paid search activities (Google, Bing, etc.)
o Campaign planning and implementation
o Budget management
o Testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy
o Landing page optimization
o Bidding strategies
o Negative keywords
• Manage the day-to-day organic search activities
o Keyword research
o Website audits
o UX and site design recommendations
o Conversion analysis
o Content Optimization
o Link analysis and link building
• Identify and report on key performance indicators, and opportunities for improvement on a regular basis.
• Integrate strategies and recommendations into other active marketing channels such as Social Media and email.
• Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing, competitive landscape, and keyword research.
Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree required; Marketing Degree preferred
• 5+ years experience managing paid and organic search programs
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• Strong leadership and client communication skills
• Exceptional copy writing and editorial skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficiency in MS Office - especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces, i.e. Google Analytics is required
• Web platform experience including content management systems a plus
• Google Adwords Certification, Google Analytics Certification, etc. a plus
Please send over cover letter, resume, and a link to your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.