Director of Marketing & Communications
CAMPUSPEAK is the nation’s premier agency providing educational speakers and interactive workshops to college campuses and organizations. The firm is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Marketing and Communications, a full-time, permanent position based at the company’s main offices based in Aurora, Colorado (a suburb of Denver). Working remotely is not an option for this position.
Learn more about CAMPUSPEAK at www.campuspeak.com.
The position will report to the firm's Chief Operating Officer. Annual salary is $45,000 (non-negotiable) and qualifies for all benefits programs, including retirement, health insurance, supplemental insurances and 22 days of annual paid flex time (sick time or vacation) in addition to nine standard holidays granted by the company. Staff members who have been with the company for six months or more have the opportunity to earn performance bonuses which could add up to an additional $2,000 per calendar year.
Ours is a friendly environment where employees enjoy flexible scheduling, half-day Fridays each summer,
casual dress code, commitment to professional development, and a shared commitment to doing work that dramatically impacts the lives of America's college students.
Preferred start date is May 5, 2014, although an earlier start date is possible. A relocation expense reimbursement of up to $1,000 is available to the successful candidate moving to Colorado. The position is subject to a 90-day probationary period during which time performance will be evaluated. All offers are subject to a successful criminal background and credit check.
Our Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the planning, strategy, development and implementation for all of the company's products promoted within the Higher Education industry. This director level position is charged with helping to position the company as an industry leader, building the brand, and positively driving sales and building confidence among key constituencies.
Responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
• Manage all corporate communications, including website, social media and branding
• Develop and implement approximately 50 individual marketing plans for campus keynote speakers
• Develop and implement marketing plan for the company's Interactive Workshops division
• Coordinate the company's exhibit for approximately a dozen conferences
• Provide overall "quality control" for the company around all areas of communication
• Manage all print and electronic marketing accounts and relationships
• Analyze all marketing efforts (collect and interpret data) to evaluate plans and campaigns
• Create buzz and interest around company offerings through your mind-blowing creativity
• Coordinate marketing and communications training for new speakers and facilitators
• Maintain, update and seek out new customer lists
• Supervise marketing coordinator and graphic designer
• Manage budget of the company's marketing division
The best candidate will possess:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
• 2-3 years of full-time marketing/communications work in a small business, non-profit, etc.
• Fluency with digital, email, social media and print marketing
• Demonstrated success with project management and management of a budget
• Employee/support staff/intern supervision experience
• Strong writing skills and a solid understanding of AP Style
• Detail-oriented work style – so in command of details that it scares unorganized people
• Familiarity with Higher Education Student Affairs and its related organizations
• High technical fluency with Mac platforms and the Adobe Creative Suite
• Familiarity with: Expression Engine, Basecamp, Constant Contact, Google Analytics
Priority application deadline is April 4, 2014. Application materials may be directed to Lucas Davis, COO, at email@example.com. All applications must include a cover letter, current resume, and at least three professional references. Applications without references will not be considered.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. CAMPUSPEAK is compliant with all laws and hiring practices dictated by the State of Colorado. Veterans are encouraged to apply.