Social Media Specialist
For over 23 years, Cactus has been an integrated branding and advertising agency built on a culture of ideas. Today, we are over 50-people strong with a growing client roster including Colorado Lottery, Jackson Hole, Charter Media, Denver Zoo and University of Colorado Hospital, to name a few. We look for people with a work hard / play hard mentality that are dedicated to producing the best work of their career and driving results for clients.
Cactus is currently searching for a social media specialist who is not only dialed in on the latest in social media, but technology innovations and trends as well. In concert with the rest of the integrated communications team, the social media specialist develops and executes integrated communications tactics, leveraging paid and owned channels to build brand and amplify buzz for our clients. In addition, this person will be expected to identify opportunities, communicate regularly with internal and external audiences and may be called upon to speak publicly as a thought-leader on Cactus’ social media efforts. The social media specialist understands an integrated marketing plan, can anticipate the evolution of social media, guides co-workers and clients on best practices and focuses on driving tangible results. We are looking for someone who is just as comfortable blogging, tweeting or posting updates as they are presenting to a client or prospect.
Specifically, we will expect this person to:
• Plan, implement, manage, measure and report on all social media marketing efforts across a variety of social media channels
• Develop initiatives that encourage greater engagement from our clients' social media networks including platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Vine
• Develop and utilize social media networks as well as have knowledge of the blogosphere environment
• Facilitate online conversations and events to make sure conversation and content are engaging and relevant
• 1-3 years Social Media marketing/digital communications background (with strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
• BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
• Strong command of social monitoring and reporting tools
Robust understanding of integrated metrics across paid, owned and earned media
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities, organizational skills
• Collaborative approach/attitude, networking skills and outgoing personality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to independently manage multiple clients in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Creative thinking, hard-working, problem-solving and culturally aware.
Desired but not essential:
• Experience with Google Analytics, Sysomos, Vocus, Radian6, Sprout Social and other social media monitoring tools & analytics programs
• Creative Suite (Photoshop/ Illustrator - general understanding)
• Experience coding
While a good resume, relevant experience and strong references are important, the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. So please, no submissions without examples of your work and links to your social profiles. Shoot us an email at email@example.com with "social media specialist" in the subject line, or hit us on twitter @CactusDenver.