Under the guidance and direction of the Planning and Buying Supervisors, the Media Planner-Buyer conducts research, develops tactical plans and places media buys for clients in alignment with and support of the clients’ overall strategic marketing goals and objectives. The Media Planner-Buyer builds and maintains strong relationships with media representatives and maintains a thorough knowledge of the applicable markets, media research/measurement best practices, industry trends and developments.
The Media Planner-Buyer will be working directly with the Planning Supervisor on brand and acquisition campaigns on multiple accounts at Cactus, and subsequently we are looking for a candidate with at least 3-5 years relevant agency experience in a role(s) that demonstrates their planning as well as buying experience. Those applicants who can demonstrate an understanding and direct experience working on both traditional as well as digital media environments will be given preference.
This position will require some direct client interaction, under the supervision of senior team members, and consequently the candidate should have strong presentation and organizational skills – s/he should be able to build mid-level client relationships and oversee day-to-day projects to ensure that deliverables are met.
Essential characteristics that will drive success include:
• Persuasive writing skills and strong oral/presentation abilities, able to present to senior management as well as clients.
• Ability to focus and achieve success in a fast-paced and sometimes unstructured work environments
• Meticulous attention to detail, especially related to the management and administration of media billing and reconciliation.
• Need to have enthusiasm for thinking creatively about communications-led solutions to our clients marketing problems.
• A proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team as well as individually.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 3-5 years agency experience
• Proven experience in developing, implementing and managing multi-tactic media campaigns
• Experience working with STRATA media management software
• Experience working with Ad Server technologies (e.g., Mediaplex, DART, Media Mind)
• Proven experience working with campaign analytics and performance data to drive optimization
• Strong negotiation and project management skills
• Proficient in all MS Office and media research tools (i.e., MRI, Scarborough, SRDS)
To apply, please send a current resume to email@example.com with Media Planner/Buyer in the subject line.