The Media Coordinator provides general support and assistance to the media department staff. Such support includes assisting in the preparation of media plans and briefs, market research, placing media buys, verifying media performance, and processing vendor bills. The Media Coordinator will strive to develop the skills necessary to advance to a media buyer position.
• Assist in media planning functions as requested by media buyers/supervisor/director.
• Conduct research including calls to publication and broadcast vendors for information, obtain media kits, obtain industry specific information from trade associations, etc.
• Compile and interpret media data and statistics.
• Establish and maintain good rapport and strong working relationships with media supplier base.
• Answer telephone calls, emails, and general enquiries from media representatives to gather information or field questions, communicate pertinent matters to media buyer or media director.
• Participate in internal, vendor and client meetings as requested by media buyers/supervisor/director.
• Establish and maintain accurate records on all media buys.
• Assist with the creation, transmission and administration of media and client invoices, make-goods and credits.
• Maintain adequate knowledge and skills with media buying and research software.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Prior (media) agency experience is a plus although not a mandatory.
To apply, please send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Media Coordinator in the subject line.