Junior Media Buyer
Cactus is searching for a junior media buyer with 1-2 years agency experience to join our Integrated Communications Team. We are looking for someone who sees the media world as a highly integrated mix where each medium works in concert with the others, and media plans are developed in sync with messaging strategy. This person will be working with all media including local TV, digital and local events, from both a planning and buying perspective. Daily duties include client, vendor, creative, and account team interface, as will tactical planning and buying media.
“Own” projects from start-to-finish:
• idea development
• agency interface
• negotiation with media partners
• implementation & evaluation (analytics)
Initial projects will be with local broadcast and digital media, with follow-up training training focused on learning all media.
Desired skills and experience
• Working knowledge of Mediaplex (preferred), MediaMind, Dart, or Atlas
• Working knowledge of Strata (preferred), Advantage, or Donovan
• Working knowledge of basic media research and tools (flowchart programs, MRI, optimizers, R/F programs, Nielsen, Scarborough, Arbitron, Stradegy, Mintel, etc.)
• Highly skilled with EXCEL
• Not intimidated by math --- you can add numbers, balance budgets, and remember rates
• 1+ years of experience in negotiating at least 2 media channels --- digital (preferred), local broadcast (preferred), newspaper, magazine, outdoor, local events
• Strong desire to learn all media
• Strong desire to work closely with account and creative teams
• Able to absorb large amounts of data, and find the points that are important
• Ability to talk in accessible language --- simplifying often complicated media ideas into their understandable parts
• Excited by challenges that require “rolling up sleeves” and “figuring it out”
Please send resume and cover letter Jobs@sharpideas.com and include Junior Media Buyer in the subject line.