Everyone on the Cactus account management team needs to be passionate about marketing and consumer communications in the digital and traditional spaces. They must be proactive, a great team player and a natural leader. In addition, top-notch communication and people skills are critical.
• Key thought-leader on assigned client businesses, proactively bringing strategic thinking and leadership level direction to the collective client-agency team.
• Brand champion for each assigned account, in charge of developing and nurturing brand behavior across all marketing touch-points.
• Accountable for the day-to-day client relationship, ensuring a mutually beneficial, smooth and productive partnership.
• Along with Account Director / Director of Account Management, responsible for managing Cactus’ staff time and effort on the account, ensuring optimal productivity and profitability.
• Participate in brand positioning development for all assigned accounts. Serve as an internal and external brand champion, ensuring the team’s efforts are focused on delivering against the opportunities at hand in ways that best serve the brand and its audience.
• In partnership with account planning, create robust audience knowledge and advocate for audience-appropriate solutions at every step.
• Cultivate a strong category understanding for each assigned client industry, proactively identifying business-building opportunities and educating the agency and client team so that future marketing solutions are grounded in industry-specific strategic knowledge.
• Demonstrate passion for all things digital and provide comprehensive digital thought-leadership and guidance to the agency-client team from strategy to execution to analytics. This includes pushing creative teams from multiple lenses, beginning with strategy and also encompassing content, design, technology, interaction, etc.
• Lead strategic sessions both internally and with clients, effectively facilitating group conversation so that sound, actionable conclusions are reached.
• Write creative and communications planning briefs that are on-point, strategic and supply every detail necessary for the successful completion of client’s campaign/project.
• Ensure Cactus team delivers rock-solid project management (organized, on-time, on-budget) for all client projects.
• Plan and direct client management, including informal day-to-day contact as well as formal client meetings and presentations. Independently build and deliver strong, persuasive formal presentations to clients.
• Proactively monitor campaign KPIs via data (paid, owned and earned) to glean insights for future marketing efforts on behalf of both the client and Cactus.
• Define and manage the client’s scope of work to monitor accountability and profitability of the account.
• Play an active role in the training and growth of Account Executives/Associate Account Executives/Account Coordinators.
• Provide input to the Account Director and Director of Account Management regarding efficiencies, deficiencies, staffing needs, or performance issues within the team.
• A minimum of 7 years advertising agency account management experience, demonstrating progressive advancement from entry through supervisor levels.
• Experience in brand positioning development and consumer insight work is mandatory. Robust experience across both qualitative and quantitative research projects a plus.
• Direct experience managing digital campaigns from strategy through to the post launch phase is required. This includes experience with paid digital, website/app development, SEO/SEM, CRM and social media.
• Must have specific campaign development and production experience across broadcast and print tactics.
• Knowledge of the communications planning process including general media planning and buying functions is strongly preferred.
• College degree required; preferably with a major in business, marketing or communications.
• Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Analytics and Keynote skills.
• Understanding of current technologies including experience making content updates in CMS tools such as WordPress.
To apply visit http://sharpideasdev.com/Account-Sup/