Senior Creative Director
Bonfire Labs is looking to add a senior creative director. We are a creative studio focused on motion design, user experience and live-action production. Our heart is in storytelling. Our mind is on brand development.
Who we are looking for:
A creative leader. You love solving problems individually or through collaboration with others. You display a conceptual acumen combined with "making" skills that allow you to inspire your peers and lead them to unexpected levels of success. A leader who is capable of blank-page ideation and concept development, as well as producing world-class work that has evolved beyond video and touched on interactive, social or installation-based solutions. You don’t subscribe to a single visual style, instead you have a knack for knowing what's right for the assignment at hand.
• Provide direction to Creative Leads, Designers, Animators, Writers, Directors and other production team members who contribute to the project by creating scripts or narrative flow, custom animations, illustrations, and finished graphics elements.
• Collaborate with project Producer to lead and inspire your team to produce inventive, thoughtful and relevant work.
• Participate in pitching and winning work.
• Work closely with the EP and Director of Sales to establish the creative strategy for pitches or projects.
• Work closely with clients; listening to their particular issues and articulating their situation, goals, and requirements.
• Oversee the development, design and implementation of multiple projects; assign tasks and monitoring progress.
• Lead their team to work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, user experience, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule.
• Participate in all aspects of the team's projects, focusing on innovation and quality.
• Are responsible for their part of the creative culture at BonfireLabs, insuring that the level of work is always growing. Actively cultivating an understanding of larger industry trends and sharing the insights with the studio.
• With the other leaders of the company, be an evangelist for the company, meeting new clients and discussing and showing the strengths of the studio.
• At least 10 years of experience -- with 3-5+ years experience in a creative leadership role -- driving the creative development process in a client-services environment. (motion design studio ,agency, or digital agency.)
• Experience in producing material (not just overseeing) STRONGLY preferred
• Ability to provide clear creative direction and timely feedback to keep work on-budget and on-schedule
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) plus the confidence to present them to existing and prospective clients
• Ability to work effectively with team members (creatives, producers, editors, animators, freelancers, etc.)
• Strong pitch creation capabilities paired with design sensibility and/or ideation skills that translate into awarded work.
• Able to think strategically, offering solutions that solve multiple levels of client needs.
• Able and eager to work collaboratively within a strong creative team
• Strategic, ‘big thinker’ who can balance aesthetics with considerations for the audience and the communication channel.
• Bring a defined point of view and be able to articulate conceptual and directional choices
• Experience leading and mentoring design and production teams
Please send the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of introduction and interest
- Portfolio (online or PDF) with description of involvement in each project
Due to the high volume of submissions, we regrettably cannot respond to each applicant. Thank you for your interest in this position, you will be contacted if we see a good fit and want to explore further.
No phone calls or staffing agency inquiries please