Banner Media Group
Senior Art Director
Banner Media Group
Senior Art Director
Banner Media Group (“Banner”) is a boutique creative agency with a select group of innovative clients in diverse industries including sports and entertainment, specialty finance, consumer products, healthcare, manufacturing, agriculture, water, hospitality and real estate. Banner delivers strategic direction and creative deliverables across a breadth of marketing areas such as brand development, marketing planning and execution, graphic design, copywriting, web, and marketing communications including PR and social media.
Senior Art Director Role
As an integral part of the team, the Senior Art Director will be a driving force in delivering a superior creative product to Banner’s clients while contributing to the overall growth and direction of the agency. An eagerness and an ability to work with different clients across all design areas—brand identity, collateral, print, web, multimedia and video—as well as within multiple industries, is central to the role.
A position is currently available for a dynamic creative who can lead with a keen vision reflective of client strategy while delivering superior work products both independently and with other team members. Specific areas of focus include creative outputs—strategic concepting, art directing, brand and usage guides, illustration and typography, photo and image sourcing and account team collaboration—as well as contributing to agency growth through the creative process such as brief development, project management, budget and billing summaries, external partner management, etc. The Senior Art Director will be an important internal resource for all creative needs at Banner and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Exceptional graphic design and art direction skills, as well as written and verbal communications, with an emphasis on brand development and activation, are required. A well developed and ever-evolving esthetic, particularly around sports and entertainment marketing, as well as a constant eye toward visual and technological innovation are mandatories. Significant agency or multi-client experience in a fast-paced environment, along with an organized work style and a commitment to crisp execution, are essential for the role. Additional web design and/or web art direction will be valued highly.
Duties and Skills
• Consistently deliver a remarkable creative vision for the agency and its clients.
• Superior graphic design and art direction skills to varied audiences including business, consumer, investor, media, and internal over a variety of industries.
• Professional mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Go Live and the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint. Familiarity with web development languages and multimedia editing tools.
• Creative direction and self-generated design for new and existing client brands across a number of desired outputs including print, outdoor, multimedia, video, and web.
• Collaboration with and direct support to account team focused on the implementation of client marketing programs, materials creation, sales support, multi-channel business-to-business and business-to-consumer communications, and product and service development.
• Creative project management of web development activities as well as contributions in the areas of web design, usability, pay per click campaigns, social media strategy, and CRM-driven email communication programs.
• Manage creative budgets by project, client and agency.
• Interface with account group for on-going client support.
• Administrative and functional duties including sourcing items/vendors such as stock photography and custom illustration, taking and typing notes, preparing and managing department budgets, completing new business proposals, and delivering client summaries.
• Monitor existing designs and creative assets for client accounts and taking proactive corrective or expansive actions.
A minimum of ten (10) years experience in graphic design, art direction, web design, or creative agency experience with a 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. A high emphasis will be placed on the candidate’s portfolio, creative vision as articulated orally and through concept sketches and writing, and knowledge and use of innovative technical and visual communication developments. The ability and inclination to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a great attitude is essential.
Please email your resume and portfolio samples to Lynn@BannerMediaGroup.com