Banner Media Group
PR Manager/Lead Copywriter
Banner Media Group
PR Manager / Lead Copywriter
Banner Media Group (“Banner”) is a boutique creative agency with a select group of innovative clients in diverse industries including sports and entertainment, specialty finance, consumer products, healthcare, manufacturing, agriculture, water, hospitality and real estate. Banner delivers strategic direction and creative deliverables across a breadth of marketing areas such as brand development, marketing planning and execution, graphic design, copywriting, web, and marketing communications including PR and social media.
PR Manager and Copywriter Role
As an integral part of the team, the PR Manager / Lead Copywriter will be a driving force in delivering superior creative communication to Banner’s clients while contributing to the overall growth and direction of the agency. An eagerness and ability to work with different clients across all communications areas—public relations, brand development, copywriting for internal and external audiences, social media—as well as within multiple industries, is central to the role.
A position is currently available for a dynamic, mid-level PR and copywriting professional who can contribute on strategy while delivering superior work products both independently and with other team members. Specific areas of focus include communication outputs—strategic PR planning and execution, content development for collateral, web, and training manuals, brand and usage guides, and account team collaboration—as well as contributing to agency growth through the communications process such as team brainstorming and ideation, foundation messaging, external resource management, etc. The PR Manager / Lead Copywriter will be an important internal resource for all written communication needs at Banner and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Exceptional writing, copywriting and oral communication skills, as well as a sharp ear for brand messaging and tone, are required. A well-developed and ever-evolving writing sensibility, particularly around sports and entertainment marketing, as well as a constant ear toward PR/social media innovation are mandatories. Agency or multi-client experience in a fast-paced environment, along with an organized work style and a commitment to crisp execution, are essential for the role. Additional technical or industry-specific expertise within health and beauty or sports/entertainment will be valued highly.
Duties and Skills
• Consistently deliver a remarkable written direction for the agency and its clients.
• Superior writing, copywriting and PR skills to varied audiences including business, consumer, investor, media, and internal over a variety of industries.
• Management of PR function both from an internal, self-generated standpoint as well as from an external partner oversight perspective.
• Direct pitching and media opportunity development for select portfolio clients.
• Copywriting for new and existing client brands across a number of desired outputs including brand identity development, advertising, web, multimedia presentations, video scripts, and process and procedures.
• Collaboration with and direct support to account team focused on the implementation of client marketing programs, materials creation, sales support, multi-channel business-to-business and business-to-consumer communications, and product and service development.
• Contribution to web development activities in the areas of web design, usability, pay per click campaigns, social media content and strategy, and CRM-driven email communication programs.
• Manage PR budgets by project, client and agency.
• Interface with account group for on-going client support.
• Administrative and functional duties including sourcing partner/vendors such as PR/Social Media agencies or event planners, taking and typing notes, preparing and managing department budgets, completing new business proposals, and delivering client summaries.
• Monitor existing PR and written assets for client accounts and taking proactive corrective or expansive actions.
A minimum of four (4) years experience in PR and copywriting roles or creative agency experience with a 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. A high emphasis will be placed on the candidate’s work samples, creative and strategic abilities as articulated through writing, planning and coverage examples, and knowledge and use of innovative technical and written communication developments. The ability and inclination to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a great attitude is essential.
Please email resume and PR/ writing samples to Lynn@BannerMediaGroup.com