PR Account Manager
Are you an experienced PR professional?
Do you have a "work hard, play hard" mentality?
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, lunchtime bike rides, unlimited espresso with access to the best skiing, fishing, hiking and biking in Colorado?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then Backbone Media has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a creative, passionate public relations pro to join our hard-charging team as an Account Manager.
Job Description: The Account Manager (AM) has at least five years of public relations experience. The AM serves as a primary client contact, providing strategic direction, executing the tactical elements, and reporting on the outcomes of Backbone’s public relations campaigns. The AM reports directly to the PR Director and is responsible for the daily oversight of two to three client accounts. The AM works closely with Backbone’s digital marketing team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns. This position is available in our Carbondale HQ or potentially our Denver office.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contacts
· Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
· Develop strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals and objectives
· Execute tactical plans for clients
· Maintain regular client reporting: weekly, monthly and quarterly
· Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
· Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
· Attend tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person media meetings on behalf of clients
· Have a good understanding of social media networks and marketing
· Serve as a mentor for junior staff members
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum 5 years of public relations experience
· Strong, established active lifestyle media relationships
· Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
· Strategic and forward thinking approach to PR
· Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
· Creativity and integrity
· Experience managing and mentoring team members
· A love of the outdoors
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For over 15 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, and Jackson, Wyoming, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.