The ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR ensures that client needs are met by monitoring and guiding account team activities, and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with clients. The account supervisor bears final responsibility for each account’s growth and profitability, and the development of account team members.
This person needs a solid background in mid- to senior-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account executive. Advanced verbal/written communications skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics are pluses. The account supervisor must be a capable personnel manager, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business, a keen sense of entrepreneurship and a passion for advertising are essential.
Reports directly to Principals.
Directs/Supervises Account Service Executives and Coordinators
• Manages a portfolio of accounts, including major high-profile clients and top business leaders.
• Ensures client relations are positive and stable; and that Principals are immediately informed of any potential problems with client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
• Evaluates account team performance on at least an annual basis.
• Guides account team in career and skills development.
• Provides clients with clear access to senior management.
• Develops marketing strategies and recommends improvements.
• Develops and supports creative briefs.
• Reviews campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus.
• Ensures client needs are properly and efficiently staffed.
• Approves estimates, quotes and unquoted invoices before client’s presentations to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability maintained.
• Updates AGI projections as client’s budget varies.
• Reviews major media and public relations plans, and creative strategies before submission to clients.
• Contacts and forms relationships with senior client personnel.
• Seeks out new business opportunities and plays a leading role in their development. Uses an existing network of industry contacts to generate revenue.
• Supports agency goal to become a creative force.
• Ensures that financial management of accounts meets agency standards.
• Approves expense disbursements from account team members.
• Leads in agency/client contract negotiations.
• Participates in Agency/Client Performance Plan reviews.
• Completes minimum administrative work, as required.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in advertising agencies.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.