PR Account Executive
PR Account Executive Job Description
The Account Executive is responsible for day-to-day client activities and is able to work independently and autonomously on PR projects. This includes public relations, media relations, social media and grassroots events. This person will support the Director of PR Director in developing strategic PR campaigns for a wide range of clients and industries including but not limited to consumer and trade media outreach as well as public awareness campaigns. Must have proven success in garnering positive media exposure for clients and building relationships with members of the media. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong proven capabilities in both traditional PR and social media.
Must have a bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years experience in PR and social media.
• Strong desire to be a part of a growing, nimble team at a boutique agency
• Demonstrated ability to be a strategic thinker with experience in developing integrated campaigns (PR + Advertising)
• Excellent capabilities in PR and social media strategy and execution
• Able to work in a team environment and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively on project; must exhibit a can-do attitude and be flexible to changing work environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced office; must be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills: ability to draft strategic plans, research reports, presentations, white papers, news release, etc.
• Excellent communication skills: Ability to express views clearly, positively and with confidence, both verbally and in writing; be empathic to understand others; be a good listener.
• Excellent reasoning skills: Ability to define and solve problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Formulate PR and social media strategic plans for integrated campaigns; planning and execution
• Manage day-to-day activities with clients; manage projects from start to finish
• Develop pitches and conduct media outreach
• Plan, manage and attend special events
• Conduct social media analysis and audits; assist with paid social media campaigns
• Work with subject matter experts; develop PR materials including key messages, press releases, backgrounders, media advisories, etc.
• Copy writing and editing support
• Conduct media training; develop crisis communications plans
• Develop media reports (traditional and social), media tracking and list building, distribution of materials to journalists, editorial calendars, etc.
• Assist Director of PR with onboarding of new clients and projects
• Develop account estimates; billing and budget management; keep records and financial details; collect and negotiate rates from vendors; write purchase orders for all outsourced products and services; maintain up-to-date information and job status in Function Point
• Brief creative and copywriter; coordinate traffic of production projects
• Stay abreast of clients’ products, business culture and competition
A successful account executive shows proficiency in completing the following activities.
• Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment
• Accountable to each member of the PR team, and to client teams; always look for ways to contribute
• Be solutions-oriented, offer suggestions for improvement; be proactive, not reactive
• Be an ambassador for the PR department within the agency; attend agency events
• Ability to prioritize and manage up
• Ability to mentor other team members; give clear instruction; lead and motivate
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with members of local media, national media (trade and consumer)
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients
• Represent Amélie at industry events, meetings or conferences
• Be an ambassador for the agency in the PR/Advertising community
Communication and Process
• Manage client status documents, proactively update team on next steps
• Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
• Create work plans and manage priorities
• Consistently meet project deadlines as set by team lead; effectively complete scope of work so that it is top quality but also within the terms of the budget
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.