The ideal candidate for this position has both a solid foundation in graphic design as well as interactive media experience including strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, FLASH technologies and browser compatibility issues. He or she takes work seriously and has glowing reports from managers, co-workers and clients in an agency environment over the past 5-7 years.
Report directly to Creative Director and Art Director.
• concept ideas for printed and online materials including but not limited to logos, direct mail pieces (letters, postcards, invitations, etc…), stationery items (business cards, letterheads, envelopes, note pads, etc…) newsletters, magazines, leaflets, brochures, flyers, POPs, posters, billboards, print ads, packaging, booth design, rfp's, print, viral, websites, web banners, social media, self promo, brand guidelines;
• design for all of the above;
• act as the lead of all web design projects;
• design and program HTML pages, emails, and web banners
(animated gif/flash web banner creation/ad);
• concept ideas on web functionality and best practices all for websites, microsites, splash pages, banner ads, email blasts, e-newsletters aptation;
• find developers when necessary;
• assist with art direction for all the above;
• proofread and spell check your work;
• help update the Amélie website with content and look and feel;
• feed the agency blog;
• participate to press checks when Production Manager is booked;
• consult with Account Executives regarding design, media, and associated costs;
• track working hours and design-related costs per project;
• promote Amélie through fun artistic projects (poster contests, art shows, etc)
• bring identity and character to this agency to make it an original/creative place.
• fast, experienced skill set with InDesign, Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator
- interactive media experience and mastery of Flash and DreamWeaver
- fluent in Mac OS operating system, with PC experience a plus
- ability to meet deadlines
- to be able to take direction and work as part of a close-knit team
- to have a good eye for detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility
• offer a strong working knowledge of website development in the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
• create and/or collaborate on the creation of Flash content and knowledge of Actionscript 3.0
• have knowledge with Video/Audio Production with After Effects & Final Cut a plus
• be a team player
• do what is required first, and additionally provide the best solution(s) to the problem in your opinion. There's a lot of creative opportunity in every project, yet sometimes the writing isn't on the wall per se. At Amélie, we love and encourage the ability to execute and show the client your "wouldn't-it-be-cool-if-they-did-this" idea(s)
Send resume and portfolio to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!