Job Description: Account Supervisor
The ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR ensures that client needs are met by monitoring and guiding account team activities, and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with clients. The account supervisor bears final responsibility for each account’s growth and profitability, and the development of account team members.
This person needs a solid background in mid- to senior-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account executive. Advanced verbal/written communications skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics are pluses. The account supervisor must be a capable personnel manager, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business, a keen sense of entrepreneurship and a passion for advertising are essential.
Reports directly to the principal.
Directs/Supervises Account Executives and Account Coordinators
• Manages a portfolio of accounts, including major high-profile clients.
• Engages creative director to promote creative solutions grounded in strategy.
• Ensures client relations are positive and stable; and that Principals are immediately informed of any potential problems with client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
• Evaluates account team performance on at least an annual basis.
• Guides account teams in career and skills development.
• Reviews strategies and recommends improvements.
• Reviews campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus.
• Ensures client needs are properly and efficiently staffed.
• Reviews estimates, quotes and unquoted invoices to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability maintained.
￼• Updates AGI projections as client’s budget evolves.
• Reviews major media and public relations plans, and creative strategies
before submission to clients.
• Contacts and forms relationships with senior client personnel.
• Seeks out new business opportunities and plays a leading role in their development. Uses an existing network of industry contacts to generate revenue.
• Supports agency goal to become a creative force.
• Ensures that financial management of accounts meets agency standards.
• Approves expense disbursements from account executives.
• Leads in agency/client contract negotiations.
• Participates in Agency/Client Performance Plan reviews.
• Completes administrative work, as required.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in advertising agencies
• Excellent communication ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as search engines, trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data.
• Ability to draft research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively support presentation of research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Excellent reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Please send letter of motivation and resume with relevant experience to email@example.com.
Only candidates with prior advertising agency experience will be considered for this position.