We are a small design firm looking for a junior to senior level (mainly front-end) web developer with the ability to wield the tools of the trade at will.
We have a few pretty awesome clients… but that’s beside the point. We have a ton of work to do. We need someone who wants to come and work hard on some cool stuff. It’s that simple.
I’m not going to bore you with the typical “detail oriented, work well under pressure…” same old same old. If you are a web developer, then you know the deal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related major (actually if you are self taught, and you have experience with well designed sites for major brands, that's probably worth more than any degree... just sayin)
- 3-5 years developing experience (if you have more that’s cool, too)
- Solid knowledge in Adobe CS (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.)
- Comfortable testing web pages for compliance with coding standards and on multiple browsers and platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization practices
- IOS and Android application development experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail (this isn’t bullshit this time)
- Creative problem solving (have to say it… some people don’t get it)
- Ability to finish projects (and I have to say that too unfortunately)
- Show initiative to learn and a desire to deepen skills
And... here are some other qualifications that would be awesome to have:
- Firm understanding of the capabilities of web browsers, Smartphone and tablet devices and applications
- Strong design skills
- Familiarity with accessibility and internationalization issues
- Ability to weigh in and offer suggestions for a positive user experience
- Visual Studio 2008/2010
- .NET development environment
No phone calls or out of state applicants, please. (Basically, if you don’t live here… sorry. If you are a headhunter… sorry. If you are outsourcing for someone else overseas… damn dude… don’t do that.)
Send examples of work and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you from there.