5280 Publishing Inc.
ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR
5280, Denver’s city magazine, is looking for a talented, highly creative, and detail-oriented Associate Art Director. Candidates for this position must be passionate about editorial design and work well both independently and collaboratively.
• Designing all front-of-the-book and some feature pages for the magazine; creating beautiful type treatments; developing grids and generating concepts
• Keeping up with current (and historical) design and typographic trends and communicating key insights to the team
• Providing design guidance to junior members of the staff, interns, and freelancers as needed
• Undertaking additional design assignments at the request of the Art Director
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience (not including internships); experience with front-of-the-book and service packages a plus
• Possess strong typographic ability and a sophisticated design aesthetic
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal), organizational, and time management skills
• Attention to detail and ability to problem-solve; thinking outside the “gray” text box with charticles and infographics
• A positive attitude, flexibility, and strong work ethic
• Experience directing photo shoots is a plus
We offer a laidback and humane work environment, a creative downtown workplace, and the chance to do great work with an excellent team. Salary and benefits are competitive. 5280 Publishing is an equal-opportunity employer.
Email your resume, 3 design samples attached as a pdf (no larger than 10mb) and salary history to: AssociateADjob@5280.com
No phone calls please.