Motion Graphic Artist/Animator
Motion Graphics/Animator/Assistant Creative Director
Position: Part-time Freelance/Contractor. Starts immediately.
Zerosun Pictures (www.zerosunpictures.com) is a boutique production company located in downtown Denver. We focus on producing creative and original videos for clients that span all types of niches. For small/big businesses - from docu-style to full animation.
We have formed a very streamlined and dynamic approach to the production process. Lately our work has been strictly post-production, landing many full project, motion graphic branding/animation videos for clients.
Our atmosphere is a very fun, competitive and creative - we are looking for someone who can mold and build with the team as we move forward.
Zsun is looking for a freelance animator/motion graphics artist who has a high skill level in programs such as After Effects, Cinema 4D and Element 3D. We are looking for a person that is also knowledgeable with Final Cut Studio - but is more geared toward stylish, creative animation.
This person should also have strong background in graphic conceptualization, digital branding and have a strong artistic background. Should be able to push boundaries and come up with original and unique concepts with each and every project.
• Conceptualizing, brainstorming and assisting the production crew in the creative execution of a video production/animation video.
• Able to create Animatic Storyboards for pre-animation production.
• Raw artistic ability a bonus - able to create storyboards and sketches of animation ideas.
• Likes to have fun, be passionate and team oriented, have boat loads of energy, laughing, sparking and brainstorming awesome ideas.
• Assistant Animation on large projects.
• Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
• Participate in design and production of multimedia campaigns, handling budgeting and scheduling, and assisting with such responsibilities as production coordination, background design and progress tracking.
• Make objects, characters, environments appear in animated form by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
• Create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images depicting objects in motion or illustrating a process, using computer animation or modeling programs.
• Manage time effectively in order to meet project milestones.
• Work independently with internal producers and manage complex projects.
• Has a good grasp of motionography, typography and a good eye for layout and rhythm.
• Organized and able to work inside of a team environment.
• Works well in both 2D and 3D.
• Able to work flexible hours and finish projects on a suitable deadline. Quick turnaround ability is a plus.
• Able to take on long and short term projects.
• Must understand the production process and be experienced with communicating with production team, delivering product and taking part in the production process.
• MUST HAVE: Own computer (Apple preferred), After Effects, Cinema 4D, Final Cut 6/7, Photoshop, Illustrator (CS5.5 or 6)
• Hard Drive space (external)
• Hi-speed internet connection.
• MUST BE local to Denver (no remote applicants please.)
• Bachelors Degree preferred in relatable field
• 2-4 years experience in production, agency creative, motion graphic design and graphic design.
• Strong design style, including creative design solutions in line with existing brand concepts
Pay: Compensation: negotiable, commensurate with experience. Starting between $30-50 hour, or flat rate for longer projects. Budgets vary and so does pay.
Application Requirements: (you’re inquiry WILL be 100% overlooked if these are not met - do to large past responses, it’s imperative that applicants follow these directions.)
Please email email@example.com with the information outlined below:
MUST HAVE current demo reel that is no more than 3 months old. (that means no 2010, 2011, 2012 demo reels)
Reel MUST BE delivered by url/hyperlink and route us to Vimeo (preferred) or Youtube (HD is recommended for both) * Reels will not be viewed if sent by quicktime format, file attached in email, directions to navigate site for reel, click to download, etc).
Cover letters are not necessary. Please provide brief background, skill set and aspirations in a small paragraph - then post link to reel under that.
Resume is required, but please note that quality and range of work, personality, work ethic and attitude are much more sought out.
* Please allow time for response. If your range of work is of the caliber Zerosun is searching for and you have followed all the requirements to the application process, then you will be brought in for interview.