Graphic & Web Designer
GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGNER POSITION
The core purpose of this position is to execute the website redesign initiative in accordance with SpyderLynk’s vision and mission. The current & existing public-facing website, which was erected in Django, will be rebuilt in WordPress to provide a robust platform that empowers SpyderLynk to efficiently manage its content. This position will in large part own the technology by architecting the CMS design and implementing features and functionality throughout the full development life-cycle. This individual will be required to innovate, problem solve and formulate forward-thinking solutions.
Essentially, we’re looking for a well-rounded Graphic & Web Designer that knows how to build sophisticated WordPress sites in a team setting and gets satisfaction from getting a project off the ground quickly and efficiently. We need a real “git ‘r done” kind of person, but with the ability to apply a critical eye to specs and requirements. We are seeking a creative thinking, passionate, go-getter with a background in both graphic and web design that isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. Interested candidates must be eager to raise the bar on their design output and have the ability to engage, attract and deliver high-impact designs. The Graphic & Web Designer will be responsible for the execution of the website redesign initiative.
• Lead website redesign development effort
• Architect WordPress CMS to support the established user experience, visual design, and to meet site objectives
• Translating and adapting brand concepts into graphic mediums
• Operates effectively as a member of the development team.
• Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and adjustments.
• Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
• Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
• Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
• Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
• Maintain a digital asset management system
• Take initiative and ownership
• Must possess a congenial personality with proactive, energetic work style and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must exhibit a positive attitude and enjoy collaborating with others to achieve team goals and objectives.
• Keen eye for details including color, typography, size and layout
• A strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Technical working knowledge and experience with content management systems
• Through understanding of “Responsive Design”
• The ability to handle tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
• Project Management skills - managing time effectively, planning, organizing, and managing deliverables for each request/project
• Self-starter, highly motivated and enjoys being challenged
• Excellent personal skills – understands internal customer service
• Open minded, kind, honest and ethical
• Easily adaptable to change
• Professional attitude – ability to objectively receive feedback
• Strong communication and writing skills
• At least 3+ years of graphic/ website development experience and UX design.
• Portfolio showing design skills and highlighting what specifically you created.
*This is a freelance position*
If interested, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a descriptive cover letter that outlines why you are the perfect fit, resume, and link to your online portfolio. (If it’s not clear-please specify what exactly you did in your portfolio)