Art Director/Senior Designer
JOB DESCRIPTION: ART DIRECTOR/SENIOR DESIGNER (contract-to-hire)
Intelligent Demand (ID) is a fast-growing B2B digital marketing agency with proven capabilities in strategic marketing, demand generation campaigns and content development. Our singular focus is the dramatic improvement of our clients' revenue performance.
Headquartered in the historic Five Points neighborhood of Denver, Colorado, ID is a fun, flexible and fast-paced place to work. We’re building a new-model marketing agency. If you are a digital marketer who loves conversion, creativity, collaboration, and constant learning/teaching, then we want to talk with you.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
ID seeks an Art Director/Senior Designer who excels at developing eye-catching, deeply creative visual/conceptual work that supports business, campaign, and conversion goals. The candidate will need to be a great communicator, a forward-thinking creative leader, and a smart, imaginative, agile, and experienced designer who prefers a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
The Art Director will play a key role in defining the look, feel and tone of both client deliverables and ID’s own brand. As Senior Designer, this person will work alongside other members of ID’s account teams to create well-architected, compelling, work that meets the graphic design needs of our clients, their brands, their campaigns and their content.
This position reports to the Creative Director and manage on-staff designers as well as a pool of freelancers.
• Sets the tone for the creative design aspects of all client and agency projects
• Works in a hands-on capacity on visual creative endeavors to successfully execute client strategy and messaging
• Represents ID’s visual design process and integrity throughout client engagements
• Provides art direction, leadership, and mentoring to junior and mid-level designers, including HR duties
• Helps scope design phases of projects accurately and efficiently
• Researches and adopts the latest design techniques to help the agency continuously evolve and exceed design expectations
• Participates in client pitches when necessary
• Helps articulate brand and creative tone for a variety of client and ID projects
• Creates all online visual design, including typography, visual concept, logo and icon design for web-based and print work.
• Effectively communicates and coordinates with the information architect, copywriter and production artists to ensure that the visual design conveys the desired message and functions successfully for varying technical and performance specifications.
• Creates a variety of online deliverables, including emails, landing pages, banner ads, microsites, case studies and white papers, for lead generation, lead nurturing, customer nurturing and other demand generation marketing campaigns.
• 5+ years of senior professional design experience working with corporate clients.
• 3+ years of experience in the following areas: interactive/web, online agency creative
• 2+ years of experience mentoring and managing design teams
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Mastery of modern design fundamentals
• Understanding of how to work creatively within brand guidelines
• Experience designing for a demand generation marketing environment preferred
• Familiarity with Web site structure, online user experience and information architecture preferred
• Adobe Creative Suite (Notably Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects)—expert
• Hand-coding HTML and CSS—strong proficiency preferred. Experience designing HTML-based marketing emails preferred.
• Proven technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design such as HTML, Flash, CSS, and AJAX.
• Proven success in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while producing creative, high quality work – on time and on budget.
• Capable of managing fairly complex projects for clients small and large, in a variety of industries.
• Able to lead and participate in team meetings, discussions and brainstorming sessions with the ID team and ID clients
• Solid understanding of client deliverables, how design directly serves those deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines is essential for a fast-paced environment
• Here’s a tip: an informed opinion, a sense of humor and the ability to think strategically while delivering tactically will serve you very well at ID!
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume, LinkedIn profile and portfolio or URLs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a contract-to-hire position. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.