Graphic Designer - Part time
For over two decades, Eco-Products has been providing customers with better choices by producing foodservice packaging and paper products made from renewable resources and recycled content. All of our products are made with materials that are gentler on the planet, and we continually strive to drive innovation in our field in all areas of sustainability. Our goal is to build a vibrant business on sustainable business practices, serving as an example to others and leading change in our industry and local communities wherever we operate.
Summary of Position
The Graphic Designer will support and produce visual solutions to communication problems by analyzing and using a mix of creative skills and multiple vehicles to deliver a branded message. This position will design product prints, packaging, publications, marketing brochures, web pages, promotional displays, logos, photographs, videos, and more. A strong background in art and design is essential to the success of this role. This is a part time position.
Reports To: Marketing Communications Manager
• Function well within a team environment; to include a photographer, other designers, account executives, website designer and marketing specialists
• Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and arrange layouts based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts
• Develop design concepts by gathering information and data to clarify design issues
• Use innovation to redefine a design concept and meet the constraints of cost, time and customer
• Take designs to completion and build art files correctly for reproduction
• Assist the sales team with marketing, brainstorming and advertising strategies
• Multi-task and produce accurate and high quality work on numerous projects simultaneously
• Uphold brand standards across different projects and media
• Shoot product and lifestyle photos
• Brainstorm and mock up design ideas
• Review vendor proofs for accuracy and to assure high-quality work
• Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, production technologies, and best practices
• Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education
• Able to use a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design
• 2 years field experience and knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office
• Good fundamental production and printing knowledge
• Exceptional writing, editing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Confidence with handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, ambiguous atmosphere
• Team player who possesses excellent relationship building skills
• Associates or Bachelors in Art degree preferred
• 3-5 years experience in the graphic design field
This is a part time, non-exempt, hourly position.
The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
Compensation & Benefits
Eco-Products offers a competitive benefit package to eligible employees. The benefit package includes health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, sick and vacation paid leave, wellness incentive program, paid holidays, 401(k) with Company contribution, and an alternative transportation incentive program.
The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com