Create Denver, Arts & Venues Denver
Create Denver Advisory Committee Member
Denver Arts & Venues and Create Denver seek enthusiastic, innovative and civic-minded leaders to participate on the Create Denver Advisory Committee. Committee members serve a two-year term with a one-time opportunity to renew for a second term. This committee is a volunteer position.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 5 at noon.
More details can be found on our website: http://artsandvenuesdenver.com/create-denver/create-denver-advisory-comm...
Create Denver strengthens the overall health and vitality of Denver by supporting the growth and development of the creative sector, including artists and enterprises such as film, music, fine art, galleries, art districts, fashion and design.
Create Denver includes policy recommendations, programmatic initiatives, business development and advocacy.
To help Create Denver achieve its goals of strengthening the overall health and vitality of Denver, including:
• Expanding outreach efforts to Denver’s creative community and raises the profile of Create Denver programs and activities
• Advising the Create Denver Program Administrator and Denver Commission on Cultural Affairs on Create Denver’s new and ongoing programmatic initiatives
• Supporting the implementation of existing Create Denver strategic plans and programs
Responsibilities and Duties
Create Denver Advisory Committee members represent Denver Arts & Venues and, specifically, the work of its Create Denver initiative. Committee members must be conversant on creative economy subject matter so as to better engage, educate and enable fellow local residents to build a strong creative sector.
The committee meets on the fourth Thursday of each month from noon-1:30 p.m. at the McNichols Civic Center Building, 144 W. Colfax Ave. (unless notified otherwise).
Requirements & Terms
• Member or supporter of creative community with residence or business established in the City of Denver
• Two-year term with one-time opportunity to renew for a second term
• Actively participate in Create Denver programs and initiatives
• Volunteer for two Create Denver programs annually or 15 hours minimum
• Participate in annual, one-on-one review with the Program Administrator and Co-Chairs
• No financial commitment is required
For more information about the committee or the application process, please contact: email@example.com.