Colorado Photographic Arts Center
15 hrs week; $15-18 hr. dependent on experience. Reports to Executive Director.
Job Description: This is a contract position that requires some on-site work at CPAC with the balance of hours off-site. Candidates must have the desire to create a dynamic photography education program and willingness to partner with individuals and other arts organizations. With the Executive Director (ED) and board committee representatives (BC), the Education Coordinator (EC) develops and implements CPAC’s calendar of classes and workshops in alignment with CPAC’s Strategic Plan.
Qualifications: Experience in workshop planning and coordination. Knowledge of contemporary photography and regional photo practitioners. Ability to take initiative and act autonomously with focused attention to detail, accuracy, and strategic planning. Graduate degree preferred but not essential. Familiarity with regional and national workshop programs a plus.
General Duties & Requirements:
• With BC and ED, develop education program in alignment with CPAC’s Strategic Plan and set monthly program calendar of activities
• With BC and ED, set class structure/pricing
• Develop projected budgets for revenue and expenses. Meet monthly budget projections
• With Administrative Assistant (AA), assemble class descriptions, bios, references, check credentials, advise, and schedule marketing and outreach (online and print)
• With AA, ensure web site is up-to-date; develop marketing and outreach priorities
• With ED and AA coordinate use of darkroom, on-site and off-site classroom, other facilities being used for education programming
• Analyze enrollment histories and class evaluations
• With ED, develop partnerships with Art Students League of Denver and others
• Ensure that instructors prepare student handouts and curriculum
• With AA, ensure that all staff, volunteers, and interns are aware of status of classes and able to communicate with the general public to answer questions and register students
• Represent CPAC at classes