This is a part-time writing position, with the potential for full-time in the future.
BrightNest is a Denver-based company (owned by Angie's List) that creates exciting, easy ways for people to take great care of their homes. From money-saving tips to helpful reminders, BrightNest provides personalized home tips and tools that simplify people’s lives.
About Angie’s List:
Angie's List helps consumers have happy transactions with local service professionals in more than 720 categories of service. More than 2 million subscribers across the U.S. share their consumer experiences and use Angie's List to hire the best local pro for the job.
Summary of the Position
We’re seeking a dynamic, creative, self-motivated individual who can write for the BrightNest and Angie’s List web properties. The ideal candidate will have experience and success producing both short-form copy (site CTAs, email copy, banner ads) as well as long-form content (blog posts, articles, how-tos).
In addition to researching, writing and fact-checking site content, this person will also work closely with the other members of the Content Team to generate new topics and create our editorial calendar. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Create long-form content for organization’s web presence including blog posts, how-to articles and infographics on BrightNest.com
• Function as a first-level editor for BrightNest content.
• Create compelling, short-form marketing messages (CTAs, banners) and email communications for AngiesList.com and BrightNest.com.
• Maintain a consistent, friendly and humorous (when appropriate) brand presence and voice throughout all writing projects
• Maintain and improve messaging across www.AngiesList.com.
What we provide:
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• Opportunity to build a portfolio of long- and short-form content that is delivered and consumed by millions of people
• Instruction on best practices for web writing and content strategy
• Dynamic environment that fosters learning and encourages entrepreneurial creativity
• Exceptional communication, writing and organizational skills
• 2+ years of experience creating and publishing content for the web
• Ability to consistently produce high-quality content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
• Bonus Points: Experience with or enthusiasm for home-related topics (e.g. DIY, Home & Garden, Interior Design, Home Improvement, etc)
To be considered for this position, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Letter of interest specifically addressing the job description and requirements
• Clippings or links to 2-3 examples of short-form copywriting (i.e. email, banner ad, site copy)
• Clippings or links to 2-3 examples of long-form writing (i.e. blog post, article, etc.)