Part Time Graphic Designer
About Big Buzz:
At Big Buzz, we work hard, play hard and rest hard. We respect one another’s time and energy, and therefore we are all committed to getting tasks done on time, and the right way. We are all about positivity, open-mindedness and stating our intentions to the universe for what we want. And because we are all so dedicated to the work we produce and the clients we serve, we realize the importance of taking the time to relax and refuel. Every day we meditate for 20 minutes, all of us claiming a space on our conference room floor for optimum relaxation. We have a couch in our office so that people can read, watch a webinar or just take a break to watch a Saturday Night Live skit or two, and working on nights and weekends is strictly prohibited – unless it’s an emergency. But as we say here, “It’s just marketing.” We do not downplay the role we serve in our clients’ lives and businesses, but we know that no one has ever suffered death by marketing.
The ideal candidate for this position has a keen attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and is able to creatively and efficiently complete a variety of design projects. This person is confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. They are known as an expert or specialist in design and have proven skills in creatively concepting and executing various design solutions. The ideal candidate could be described as systematic, precise, logical, agreeable, persistent, deliberate, thorough, confident, friendly, and humble.
Key Measures for Success:
1) Clients and teammates regularly comment on how creative, precise, self-sufficient and detailed this person is.
2) This person consistently and confidently manages tasks and projects with creativity, ease and efficiency.
3) This person is considered by teammates to be an essential asset to the agency, and they feel supported in graphic/web design and creative direction as a result of this person's efforts.
Provide strategic graphic design for projects which may include but are not limited to logos, business cards, stationary, brochures, Wordpress websites and online marketing landing pages.
• Participate in the development of web design, print/identity design and production projects
• Work closely with the Art & Media Director to ensure all work meets or exceeds quality and efficiency standards
• Work closely with the Art & Media Director to implement creative ideas that will increase revenue for clients
• Provide regular communication to the Art & Media Director and Project Coordinator on project status
• Estimate time it will take to complete each project and communicate this to the Art & Media Director and Project Coordinator
• Ask questions and gather additional resources as needed to complete projects
• Demonstrate thorough development of ideas/concepts derived from sketches, research and inspiration
• Provide constructive critiques, in-depth research and additional skills/input that may broaden the agency’s expertise and offerings
• Stay informed/educated on latest design trends and best practices
20 hours per week between 8:30 to 5:00, Monday through Friday. Working at the office.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
To apply: Please submit your resume and a link to your portfolio site with examples of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No attachments or phone calls please).