Part-Time Admin/Social Media Coordinator
About Big Buzz:
At Big Buzz, we work hard, play hard and rest hard. We respect one another’s time and energy, and therefore we are all committed to getting tasks done on time, and the right way. We are all about positivity, open-mindedness and stating our intentions to the universe for what we want. And because we are all so dedicated to the work we produce and the clients we serve, we realize the importance of taking the time to relax and refuel. Every day we meditate for 20 minutes, all of us claiming a space on our conference room floor for optimum relaxation. We have a couch in our office so that people can read, watch a webinar or just take a break to watch a Saturday Night Live skit or two, and working on nights and weekends is strictly prohibited – unless it’s an emergency. But as we say here, “It’s just marketing.” We do not downplay the role we serve in our clients’ lives and businesses, but we know that no one has ever suffered death by marketing.
The ideal candidate for this position is known to be steady, deliberate, determined, persistent, and thorough and focused on following through and concluding. This person is an excellent listener and has a strong team focus. Additionally, this person has a great phone presence, a warm writing style, and is communicative and friendly. People often comment that this person can light up a room, if even in a quiet, subtle manner.
Support the day-to-day operations of a quickly growing marketing business as an administrative assistant. Learn and grow with the business in order to become an insightful contributor to all things related to marketing agency administration, social media and some things related to operations. Stay informed/educated on latest administrative and social media best practices, and impart that knowledge to team and client base.
Primary Admin Duties/Responsibilities:
• Answer and direct 10+ calls per day, take messages as needed and greet 2-5 visitors per day
• Assist with five to six brand study clients per month:
- Schedule team tasks and client phone calls/meetings in accordance with a project timeline
- Create surveys in Survey Monkey for interviews
- Compile the Survey Results Document from the completed interviews (an Excel spreadsheet showing raw data gathered from the studies)
- Proofread resulting documentation from brand studies
• Schedule agency appointments as needed and confirm agency appointments 24 hours in advance of each scheduled meeting/call
• Serve as a primary proofreader on agency projects (each project is proofed by two sets of eyes)
• Order office supplies and equipment after expense approval by management
• Sign for deliveries and handle shipping/receiving
• Assist in maintaining agency database of contacts
• Miscellaneous administrative projects/assignments/errands
• Support sales team in drafting and proofreading proposals and generating print estimates
• Support with copywriting duties including content for blogs, social media, newsletters, press releases, etc.
Primary Social Media Duties/Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with the Client Services Lead to create social media strategies that target the client’s goals
• Assist in the creation of an editorial calendar that includes in-office promotions and activities
• Post weekly social media content in Hootsuite for 1-10 clients
• Participate in monthly calls with clients to gather ideas for social media content and gain an understanding of the client’s personality
Pleasant phone presence and courteous phone skills. Warm email writing skills. Have a strong track record for attention to detail and accurate proofreading. Pass proofreading test. Be dedicated to excellent customer service and open communication. Be detailed, logical and systematic. Be absolutely dedicated to meeting all project deadlines. Punctuality is a must. Be adaptable to new changes and new ideas. Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook (Survey Monkey, Hootsuite and Basecamp familiarity a plus). Education: High school diploma or GED (minimum). One (1) year experience in administrative office environment (preferred).
20 hours per week between 8:30 to 5:00, Monday through Friday.
$10/hour to start.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2013.