"We are a team of creatives who guide passionate brands." That is 970 Design's mission statement, and we're looking for someone who feels called to it to join our team as our principal Project Manager. Let's be clear - this is a start-up that (doesn't yet offer insurance), but does include all the incentives associated with a young and passionate company: energized staff, modern ambiance, flexible hours accommodating powder days, and creative visions of cutting-edge design and functionality. Though only two-years old, 970 Design is already serving a number of Vail's most prestigious companies, as well as an impressive splash of clients from LA to NYC. We have numerous award-winning designs, and numerous exciting projects in the works. (See our website for details). Quickly outgrowing our start-up britches, we're desperately in need (ie. now) of someone to help us manage our overwhelming list of clients and projects. If you are someone with proven and exceptional organizational skills, a lightening-quick learning curve (especially as it relates to project management software), OUTSTANDING client management skills (ie. your former employers have told you this is your strength), and a visual and vocal literacy in everything that has to do with marketing, web and design, then please read on. FYI: There will be no manual on how to do this job, so only those with experience, vision, and initiative need apply.
You will need these skills:
• Passion for marketing, and all things web and design
• Proven communication and collaboration skills
• Outstanding writing and editing skills
• Client presentation and management skills
• An inborn lust for organizing people and projects
• A love for serving clients and making them feel like they are our only client
• Punctuality and deadline follow-through
Additional skills that could give you an edge:
• Graphic Design Skills (or a desire to learn)
• Experience with Design Software: Photoshop / illustrator / InDesign
• Experience with different CMS, particularly Wordpress and Drupal
• Level of coding fluency such as basic HTML
So what will you be doing?
• Organizing regular meetings with clients
• Ensuring all deliverables to client, media/creative departments are on-time
• Assist in the creation of project timelines and the assignment of tasks
• Manage established accounts and projects
• Keep clients and team on track to meet project milestones
• Serve as a primary editor/proofreader on agency projects
• Draft and proofread proposals and generate print estimates and quotes
• Schedule and confirm all meetings, attendees, and appointments
• Miscellaneous administrative projects/assignments/errands
• Help Critique Designs
• Website Populating (Time and Skill Permitting)
• Design and Content Development (Time and Skill Permitting)
We work Monday to Friday (although sometimes more and sometimes less). This position should take +/- 30 hours per week and the initial pay will likely be hourly. Ideally applicants will want to move into full time positions.
Our office is located in Edwards, Colorado. We are ten minutes outside Vail.
Can't wait to meet you!
If you are interested in this position, send us an email - email@example.com - detailing the projects you've worked on that exemplify the skills and quality traits noted above. Include contact info for your references and attach your resume and/or portfolio.