Motion Production: Live Action v. Animation
I am toying with the idea of updating some videos and wanted to know what everyone felt were the pros and cons of Live Action v. Animation for motion production. Here are the details:
- Tight Budget
- Updating about 60 videos, all 30 seconds - 2 minutes in length
- Audio can be kept from original videos (preferred)
- Educational purpose for clips
- Audience: 25-35 years old
- Did I mention tight budget?
I was originally drawn to animation because of its ability to eliminate outdated technology, clothing styles, etc. but have come to realize that it is often more expensive than actually doing live-action. I've been doing some homework on it but figured it would help to hear it from experienced professionals.
Thanks for your help!